Another summer homesteading project is complete. And it was a much needed one... our sweet chickens' cozy home was beginning to look rather shabby...
Our homestead chicken coop has served us (and our birds) well in the seventeen years it has stood on the hillside. My dear hubby built it for me when we got our very first chicks way back in the spring of 2001.
And this year... "refurbish the chicken coop"... was a must-do task on our list of barnyard projects. It was definitely showing signs of wear-and-tear from its time in the wind and the weather, and daily use by our lovely chicken ladies.
We replaced broken boards and leveled the run. Screws were tightened and hinges straightened. The building was scraped and scrubbed and given two coats of fresh paint.
And oh my was all of that work worth it...
The chicken coop looks so wonderful now!
I couldn't be happier with the makeovers... first the duck coop, and now the chicken coop. There was enough paint left to spruce up Matilda's building and the shelter in the large pen, too. What an unexpected blessing that was. Things are looking good all around the barnyard these days!